- Managing Today’s Complex Radio Access Network 15 February 2016 | 12:39 pm
- Insight: Five Questions About 5G 2 February 2016 | 3:11 pm
- 5G Nervous System = Real-Time QoE 2 February 2016 | 9:55 am
- The Cost of 5G and the Next New Shiny Thing 26 January 2016 | 9:09 am
- Interview with Latif Ladid,Chair, 5G World Alliance & President, IPTV Forum 22 January 2016 | 10:28 am
LTE TDD Year Book White Paper
The momentum behind LTE-TDD and its emerging role in the mobile broadband landscape was boosted in 2012 and looks set to gather pace in 2013. FDD remains the foundation of most of today’s commercial LTE services, but the early commitment to TDD by a group of large and influential operators, led by China Mobile, Japan’s Softbank, India’s Bharti-Airtel and US operator Clearwire, has grown into a global movement with widespread backing from mobile operators, equipment vendors, device suppliers and chipset developers.
Because LTE-TDD technology is widely adopted in key markets such as China, India and Japan, the ecosystem around TDD bands is expected to build. Market volume is set to grow rapidly in 2013, due to reductions in the cost of equipment and devices to the level of those for LTE-FDD.
This article has been created by Informa Telecoms & Media’s Analysts Julian Bright, Malik Saadi and Dimitris Mavrakis, for more information please visit: